How to make money on OnlyFans: A Complete Guide
How much do you make on OnlyFans?
Regardless of whether you find the amount you make disappointing, or if it’s way more than you expected – you can always do more, and make more.
“How to promote my OnlyFans account” is the #1 question we get asked by clients and followers alike.
Luckily, we’ve had some pretty good experience in this, taking several clients from zero to over $4,000 a month.
As a result, we decided to put together this complete guide on how to have a successful OnlyFans account.
This guide is best suited for creators who are already set up and making money on OnlyFans but looking to boost their income.
If you’re interested in becoming an OnlyFans creator but aren’t sure if it’s for you, you should start with our guide on the topic Should I Start an OnlyFans?
If you’re already on OnlyFans but aren’t sure how to make your account as effective as possible, we also have an in-depth guide on how to optimize your OnlyFans account, based on real life case studies.
We would recommend checking these out first because this guide will assume your OnlyFans account is already active and well optimized.
Already done all of the above and looking for further tips on how to make money on OnlyFans?
You’re in the right place!
Let’s start with the basics:
How Do You Get More Followers on OnlyFans?
OnlyFans is a closed social network – you can’t simply log into it and search for people’s names or use hashtags to find the ideal creator for you.
In fact, searching for models and creators within OnlyFans itself is pretty much impossible.
This is an obstacle for creators, as most of your marketing has to be done outside of the OnlyFans platform itself.
This might seem like a losing battle if you spend all day trying to promote yourself on social media and only get a few extra followers in return, but the key is consistency.
Keep doing that every day, and keep improving the way you do it, and your subscriber count will creep up and the growth will eventually become exponential as you engage new strategies and set up systems to make things easier for yourself.
When people are made aware of your OnlyFans account, there is a certain percentage who always won’t be willing to pay for it, and a certain percentage who always will.
The crucial part in how to succeed on OnlyFans is how you are able to capitalise on that fact by:
- Constantly interacting with relevant people and hashtags to bring more attention to your social media accounts from a growing audience
- Post teasing content, discounts and links to your OnlyFans to make that growing social media audience aware of your OnlyFans content
- Improve the quality of your content and marketing knowledge over time to slowly increase the percentage mentioned above
- Interact with subscribers and post exclusive content to keep them happy and reduce subscriber-loss
Do all of the above consistently, and your profits from OnlyFans (and subscriber count) can keep growing, and growing, and growing, for as long as you put the work in.
We’re going to break down how to advertise OnlyFans on each individual social media platform below, but first, a little inspiration:
How Much Do Popular People Make on OnlyFans? And What Can You Learn From Them?
Jem Wolfie is a genius when it comes to content creation and personal branding.
As of writing, she has 2.7 million Instagram followers, and over 10,000 OnlyFans subscribers.
Jem insists that the most important things you can do are to offer exclusive content to subscribers in order to leverage FOMO to encourage non-subscribers to check out your content – and to keep existing subscribers feeling valued.
“Be sure to communicate with your followers. You can ask them what they want to see and do polls. If you have something exciting coming up use the count down feature. Keep your fans interested and reply to your inbox messages as much as possible.”……“Don’t give away all your best content on your main feed, keep the extra quality content for your paid messages. Do a send to all message and choose a reasonable price for it. Paid messages are how you can make a lot of money.”Jem Wolfie
Rhys Sachett is hugely successful within OnlyFans, and when you see his figure, it won’t be hard to figure out why!
But technique and consistency in OnlyFans creation are much more important than looks when it comes to the question of how to get views on an OnlyFans page, and Rhys is fully aware of this.
In fact, he thinks the most important things are building loyalty, a consistent work ethic, and using tailored content for each platform.
“Be frequent and constant with posting content, I would recommend not to post the same content that you do on your other socials, especially if they are free. When people pay for your OnlyFans, they want to see posts that no-one else has access to.”Rhys Sachett
How to Become Popular on OnlyFans via Social Media Growth
When it comes to the topic of how to make a successful OnlyFans account, social media marketing skills are your biggest friend.
Each individual social network or platform listed below is a unique source of followers, subscribers, tips and income – to make the most of your OnlyFans and make it as successful as it can be, you should take advantage of all of them.
That doesn’t mean you need to do all of them immediately though – that’s a surefire way to fry your brain way too quickly!
Focus on one first, improve your presence there, work out a system to make it easier on yourself, and then move onto the next one.
This allows you to focus on one thing at a time and master it instead of overwhelmed by trying to learn all of them at once.
Here are our top tips for how to get followers on OnlyFans using social media:
How to Promote OnlyFans on Instagram
Instagram is one of the most popular social networks out there with almost 1 billion users.
It’s also almost entirely based on images and visuals.
You’d assume this would make it the ideal platform for promoting your OnlyFans account, but the network’s ridiculous attitude towards explicit content makes that sadly not the case.
Instagram claims that it protects young users by deleting sexual or nude content, but it’s method of doing so is haphazard at best, and people often get their accounts delete for nudity despite never actually posting any.
As a result you need to be really careful with your Instagram posts – keep it as safe for work as possible.
Unfortunately, the algorithm is nowhere near as good for discovery as it previously was either – but Instagram is still full of plenty of opportunities and is a great solution to the question of how to make your OnlyFans more popular.
Let’s take a look:
How to Use Instagram to Promote OnlyFans without Being Banned
You’d think you could just read up on Instagram’s rules, not break them, and be fine. But Instagram doesn’t follow it’s own rules, and this would not serve to make your account safer at all.
Remember, user reports are the main way bans or account terminations happen, so you’ll only want to get followers that are likely to be interested in your content or help you promote it – people that are neither are too much of a risk as they could simply report your content.
Some other tips include:
- Avoid the most explicit hashtags, as well as any to do with OnlyFans. The vast majority of them do not work and will not gain you any additional engagement. You can always click on a tag and go to “recent” to see if it is still active and usable.
- Mild nudity such as buttcheeks in a thong or nipples through a t shirt is fine, but no more than that.
- Do not use sexual emojis (you all know which ones these are, don’t play innocent)
- Never link directly to OnlyFans or any other explicit website – use Linktree or similar to avoid this.
- Many creators also like to use backup accounts to slowly build up followers for, meaning if your primary account does get banned, you aren’t starting from zero.
Using Instagram to promote OnlyFans is never 100% safe due to Instagram’s draconian methods, but if you stick to the above you’ll be as safe as you can be.
Now let’s look at how to grow your Instagram account and direct those new followers towards your OnlyFans content:
Instagram Growth & Engagement Strategies
The #1 metric within Instagram is engagement.
An account with 500 followers who regularly interact with your content is better than an account with 5,000 who don’t.
The algorithm prioritises engagement and if it sees following interacting with you, it’ll increase your reach.
We would highly recommend using long, in depth captions, and adding questions at the end of them in order to encourage people to comment.
Replying to comments is also a huge benefit as it 1) tells the algorithm you’re responsive and 2) encourages further discussion.
The Instagram algorithm takes a build up approach to visibility – if you consistently post on a regular basis over time, your reach will gradually increase.
At the same time, if you go a long while without posting, you will experienced reduced reach.
Consistency is crucial.
If you are unable to post consistently, we would highly recommend using a post scheduling tool such as Later or Push.Photo.
This allows you to create content in advance and let the tool automatically post it for you regularly.
Such tools are a lifesaver at the best of times, allowing you to assign a chunk of one day each week or month to create a bunch of content for the remaining week/month without needing to create new content each day.
It’s also a game changer when it comes to holidays or taking a break from OnlyFans, as you can ensure your page continues to be active during this time.
Of course, being consistent also means sticking to a consistent theme. Too many different types of content with no recognisable thread between them may make your profile look like a jumbled mess or a shoutout page.
Make it your place!
Tips for Boosting Instagram Followers
- Hashtags are a crucial part of Instagram, but if you use them too much, Insta considers you a spammy profile and reduces your reach. Post them when relevant and don’t just fill a caption with them for the sake of it
- Shoutout pages are an amazing way to get some good visibility. You can find some on Fiverr, on social media marketing websites, or through Instagram itself. Just be sure they have real followers with real engagement, as some people buy fake followers just to sell shoutouts. You know if you’ve been had by someone like this if you get shouted out on profiles with millions of followers and get barely anything back from it!
- “Shoutout for shoutout” or “SFS” is a popular, low cost way to get more followers. This is simply when you and another creator feature each other on your stories, making her followers aware of you and vice versa. Go for creators with a similar style, niche or audience to you, otherwise you run the risk that your fanbases won’t care about each other’s content, making it a waste of time. You can do SFS daily to build up followers over time, but don’t do it too much so that your story is just full of other people’s profiles, or people won’t bother to go to your story at all.
- Check this guide to Instagram photo sizing and learn from it. It’s easy to overlook this and post small images that don’t make the most of people’s screens like they should.
Turning Instagram Followers into OnlyFans Subscribers
You can spend time researching Instagram growth strategies for OnlyFans, and then spend all day every day working on your Instagram, putting them into practice and boosting your followers.
But if you can’t turn those followers into paying OnlyFans subscribers, you’re wasting your time.
Here are some tips on using Instagram to grow your OnlyFans page:
- Keep Your Link in Your Bio. This one is obvious but an absolute must. If somebody is on your Instagram profile and wants to know if you have an OnlyFans, you need to make it as easy as possible for them to check it out. Putting your link in your bio is the easiest way to make sure your OnlyFans content is always accessible. However we would highly recommend using a link service like Linktree, as this both helps to avoid you getting banned if Instagram decide to go after people with OnlyFans links, and also allows you to add other links to make it easy for people to find your content.
- Drive Queries to Your OnlyFans. Do people often ask you for custom content via Instagram DM? Or ask for nudes or exclusive content? Or try to talk dirty? Reply to all of these messages with a link to your OnlyFans and a cheeky call to action. Turn other people’s horny energy into your own income!
- Swiping Up. Once you reach 10,000 followers, you can add links to your stories. This allows you to post teasing images with captions like “swipe up to see more”, driving further people to your OnlyFans page.
- Use a “pointing down” emoji above your link. It may seem strange but this is proven to increase clicks by at least 5% by drawing the eye to the link.
- Add other useful links such as your Twitter or Snapchat if you use them.
- Follow for Follow groups can be found all over the web and can be a good way to get quick followers, especially when starting out. Followchain is a relatively popular one.
- Instagram Account Management Services let you focus on your OnlyFans and create great content, while allowing professional Instagram marketers to focus on growing your account
For a more in depth dive into promoting your OnlyFans through Instagram, check our full guide on the topic here!
How to Promote OnlyFans on Twitter
Twitter is similar to Instagram in a lot of ways (hashtags, engagement, having a huge userbase, etc), but there is one huge difference from our point of view – Twitter doesn’t have strict rules against sexual content and is very friendly for sex workers and OnlyFans creators.
You are unlikely to ever get banned for explicit content there, which makes it a more attractive place to be than Instagram for many.
Retweets are also a huge benefit here, as if you create content people love, they’ll help spread it for you – something that happens much less in Instagram.
Twitter Growth & Engagement Strategies
- It’s best to post pictures two at a time, as single images in a Tweet get cropped.
- Add your OnlyFans link to your bio, a pinned tweet, or ideally both, using a pinned tweet for an additional selling point such as a discount
- Shoutouts and interactions are crucial here – even more so than in Instagram
- Short videos do extremely well and if the content is good, they’ll be retweeted all around the world, bringing a ton of attention to your feed.
- Content is king on Twitter, more than any other social network. Post some form of content each day, even if it’s just mild teases and references to your OF content
We will soon bring you a complete in-depth guide to using Twitter to boost OnlyFans subscribers, and we also offer complete Twitter growth managed services, allowing us to take care of your account and boost your followers while you focus on making great content!
How to Promote Your OnlyFans on Snapchat
Snapchat used to be one of the best places with this, with premium Snapchat accounts being one of the most popular forebears to OnlyFans.
Unfortunately Snapchat is much more strict on explicit content than they used to be, adding an element of risk to using the platform.
However, it is still a highly popular option for many reasons, including the fact that it’s one of the most “visual” platforms and focused almost entirely on images – not just that, but images that often disappear after viewing, giving the platform a “secretive” vibe.
A great strategy can be treating your Snapchat as if it’s a free OnlyFans page – posting your Snapchat all over the web and places like Reddit, then regularly posting mild/softcore stories.
This allows you to keep building your Snapchat following and keep them interested, but if anybody asks to see more or asks if you offer paid content, you can point them to your OnlyFans link.
This won’t be a huge boost to your subscribers in the first instance, but as your Snapchat following grows and grows, it easily could be.
Once again, Snapchat is too big of a topic to cover in it’s entirety here, but we will shortly bring you a Snapchat focused guide that goes into more detail.
How to Promote Your OnlyFans on Reddit
Out of all the social media networks and platforms discussed here, Reddit is likely our favourite for promoting OnlyFans.
Firstly, the site treats all content equally, regardless of your follower count, so with a little strategy you can make a big splash on day one.
Secondly, Reddit is actually a collection of smaller communities instead of one big one – meaning your range of options for approaching the network is huge.
Reddit is made up of tons of Subreddits.
Each one is like a site of it’s own, full of unique posts and it’s own community.
These are great places to start because 1) You can be 100% sure you won’t be breaking the rules and 2) You know that people looking for great OnlyFans content are going to be checking the page out.
There are tons of other subreddits set up specifically for posting NSFW content that you can try, too – however, many of them have rules against posting specifically for OnlyFans promotion.
As a result, you’ll have to be a little sneaky about it – for example, posting content without actually mentioning OnlyFans, and trying to get a good following within the subreddit, while having your OF link in your Reddit bio to catch the eye of anybody who goes to your profile in search of more.
You can also used pinned posts to grab the attention of anyone who perhaps isn’t immediately tempted by your bio link and scrolls down a bit further.
Some NSFW subreddits where you aren’t necessarily allowed to promote your OnlyFans page but can with a little sneakiness include:
- r/NSFW_GIF (posting a few great quality GIFs here will get you some good attention quickly)
….and tons more.
Just remember to stick to the rules, or you’ll end up being banned from some subreddits. While making new Reddit accounts is easy and this is never the end of the road, many subreddits don’t let you post until your account is 3 days old, making this process very annoying.
Imgur is a huge part of posting images to Reddit so we would recommend signing up for that immediately too.
Tips for Reddit OnlyFans Growth
- Don’t try to drive people from your posts directly to your OnlyFans. Instead, focus on following individual subreddit rules and posting great quality content to the relevant subreddits, in order to foster a following within Reddit itself. Do this well, and keep your OnlyFans link in your bio and pinned posts, and the rest will take care of itself. Maybe subreddits will ban you for promoting OnlyFans content so this method removes most of the risk.
- Some subreddits require to verify you’re real by sending a picturing of yourself holding paper with your username written on. We would highly recommend this – while it’s time consuming and annoying, these are some of the best subreddits.
Once again, we have an in-depth guide on Reddit OnlyFans growth strategies coming soon, but for now let’s move on:
Using Pornhub to Gain More OnlyFans Subscribers
When looking for ideas on how to promote your OnlyFans account, this is a platform that potentially never crossed your mind.
Indeed, we barely see it mentioned in most other OnlyFans marketing guides and OnlyFans marketing agency websites.
However, this is one of the best places to promote explicit content and should not be left out of your OnlyFans marketing strategies.
Here are just a few reasons:
- No rules against explicit content (obviously)
- Most viewers are both horny and have spare time
- Huge amount of traffic makes it relatively easy to get a lot of views there
In some ways this is the easiest OnlyFans marketing technique you’ll ever use. Pornhub gets close to 100 million views per day!
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Create an account and get verified
- Optimize your account to match your style and OF content
- Put your links in your bio
- Upload a few free videos
Make sure the free videos you upload:
- Are previews/shortened versions of other videos
- Are watermarked with both your Pornhub username (to prevent people stealing them) and your OnlyFans link (to push traffic)
- (Here’s the kicker) End your preview video with a text call to action telling people to go to your OnlyFans to see the full video
You should also use a title for the video that matches you, your style, and your content – so that people searching for that type of video or model in Pornhub will be more likely to find you.
Other Places to Promote Your OnlyFans
- Facebook is a tough one as it’s extremely strict on nude content and most people have their family on there. However, if your family know what you do and you can avoid risky posts – this is a social network with billions of members that will be a huge source of traffic
- Tumblr used to be one of the best but since they disallowed explicit content it is mostly a ghost town
- Fetlife is one few people think of and is quite complex to find your way around, but it is also very welcoming to OnlyFans creators.
- YouTube, while not a place for explicit content, is a great place to connect with your fans, answer questions on certain topics, and link to your OnlyFans
- TikTok, once again isn’t a good place for explicit content but it excellent for fast growth – hashtags like #foryoupage, #FYP and #foryou are a great place to start.
We hope you enjoyed our guide on how to get more popular on OnlyFans and how to promote OnlyFans accounts.
Using Shoutouts & Collaborations
Shoutouts and collaborations can be used on most social media platforms and are an effective way to promote yourself to the audience of another creator.
You can take this even further and create content together to keep both of your audiences happy.
We would always recommend going for a creator in a similar niche or with a similar fanbase as you, as this maximises the interest the two audiences will have.
If you go for somebody who’s content or niche are too different, you may find their followers aren’t interested in your content and vice versa, making it a waste of time.
Paid ads include paid social media ads like Facebook and Instagram Ads, as well as search engine ones like Google AdWords.
We would highly encourage you to follow all of the organic growth strategies discussed here first, as these cost $0 and can get you huge reach without ever needing to spend a penny.
However, paid ads are also a good way to get guaranteed views on your content, and are one of the most effective ways to reinvest your profits back into guaranteed growth.
We will bring a guide on how to ensure the best results from your paid ad campaigns soon, but if you are having any issues in the meantime or need advice feel free to Contact Us.
By following the tricks on this page religiously and sticking to them consistently, you can get new subscribers daily, and even make that daily amount of new subscribers continue to grow.
However, chances are people will be regularly leaving or failing to autorenew too, which lessens your profits and slows your growth.
It’s just as important to work on your OnlyFans subscriber retention as it is to work on getting new subscribers.
Tips for this include:
- Never going long enough without content for people to get bored (back to content scheduling)
- Responding to DMs quickly and positively
- Asking subscribers, directly, what they want to see
- Offering discounts for the next month at strategic times, such as when most people’s renewal date is very close, or free exclusive content for renewing
We hope this guide helped you to take your OnlyFans income to the next level. Prefer to let the experts handle it while you focus on creating great content? We offer professional Instagram account management to allow you to consistently grow without needing to spend any time on daily interactions. We also offer professional photography services, graphic editing and more! Interested, or looking for any other type of help? Contact us now! We love hearing from creators & helping them turn content into sustainable income.